Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Droid Explorer
Droid Explorer is an open source android project which is a tool to manage your rooted android device with the simplicity of Windows Explorer. The main features include:
* Multiple Device Support
* Copy and auto-apply update.zip
* Copy local files to device
* Auto detection of connected/disconnected device
* APK file icon and extended information
* Device command shell window
* Reboot device
* Reboot device in to recovery mode
* Open files for viewing / execution locally with the default file type executable
* Drag & Drop file copy from Explorer
* Flash Recovery Image
* Package Manager (Install & Uninstall)
* No need to mount SD card to access files from computer
* Access files in other directories besides SD card
* Copy files from device to local clipboard
* Paste files from local clipboard to device
* Open files on local machine
* Display open with dialog to specify what to open a file with
* Right click APK and Uninstall
* Right click APK and Install
* Delete files from device
* Take a Screen Shot (landscape or portrait)
* Plugins can register as a component to open files
* Open from within Computer
* Should now work with more ROMs as long as they are Rooted and have busybox
* Device “Friendly Name” instead of device serial number.
* Android Screencast Plugin – Control your android device with your mouse and keyboard
* Install/Uninstall APK files right from explorer
* Standalone plugin runner (will mainly be used for windows 7 jump lists and the apk installer but can be used to run any plugin.
* Better Hero Support
* Backup the “Google Experience” applications and creates an update.zip containing the applications
* Use an existing Android SDK with Droid Explorer, or let Droid Explorer set up the SDK for you.
Posted by Cute Android
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: android-playground-erdao (open codes for android)
android-playground-erdao is an open source playground for android apps which host two open source Andriod apps: PhotSpot and SnapFace.
PhotSpot is a GoogleMaps and public geotagged photo content mashup app to discover popular places. It clusteres the geo information and show them on the map as balloon marker. Clustering the marker is essential for application those want to manage many geotagged content on the screen, though displaying all the markers makes UI slow and let user hard to see the information.
SnapFace is an Camera app with android face detection, captures cropped face. It uses android.media.FaceDetector for face detection, though it works slow actually. Thus, default preview size is set to 160×120( but actually it will be set to 176×144 ). If this parameter is set higher(e.g. 320×240, btw if set to 320×240 preview size will be 320×240… strange) the analysis thread cost increases much and not suitable for tracking face. Also the optical characters of the camera for dream/magic is poor, lighting condition may affect the detection accuracy. Sample trial to use jni interface is also included, currently only does is convert 8bit grayscale image to 32bit array.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://android-playground-erdao.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ android-playground-erdao-read-only