Five Android Logcat Related Open Source Apps for Developers
Android Logcat is very useful for Android developers, which provides a mechanism for collecting and viewing system debug output. By logcat, logs from various applications and portions of the android system are collected in a series of circular buffers, which then can be viewed and filtered. Here is five Android Logcat Related Open Source Apps.
1. Android-logger: Android logcat viewer
Android-logger is a way for you to view the logcat output on your phone. Each type of log message is displayed with a different color. You also have the ability to filter the output to only show you debug, info, warn, error and verbose. You can switch back to seeing all messages by selecting the filter menu option and choosing All from the list. Below are a few screenshots of the application, it is available under the GPLv2 and available to the right, in the Downloads section and in the Android Market.
Project Home: http://code.google.com/p/android-logger/
For more details about android-logger, you can find by the previous post in Cute Android: android-logger
2. aLogcat: Android Log Viewer (logcat) Application
aLogcat is the well-known developer tool logcat, in the form of an Android application.
Project Home: http://code.google.com/p/alogcat/
3. Android-log-collector: Collects the log and sends to a developer
Collects output of logcat and sends it to a developer using email or messaging. Can be used as a standalone application or invoked through the intent API by another application. Usage example is provided for developers who would like to integrate with the Log Collector through the intent API.
Project Home: http://code.google.com/p/android-log-collector/
4. LogcatActivity in android-random
LogcatActivity is a sub-project of android-random, which is a predecesor to RemoteLogcat, allowing you to view the Logcat output on the handset, and optionally save a limited history to a file on the device.
Android-random is a collection of extended examples for Android developers.
Project Home: http://code.google.com/p/android-random/
5. Android-logcat-reader: An app for Android phones to view Logcat
Based on LogcatActivity in android-random, this application adds a few extra, essential changes.
The main difference is this project has support for filtering and writes the log to an accessible location for non-rooted phone users.
Project Home: http://code.google.com/p/android-logcat-reader/
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android Apps for developers: android-logger
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: GPS Logger for Android
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Open-gpstracker
- Tips for Android developer: Logcat
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Lexic (The Android Word Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: WebSMSdroid
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Dex2jar
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Andrico
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-google-voice-locations
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Get-a-robot-vpnc (VPN Connections for android)