Open Source Android Apps for Developers: aDOSBox (Android Game)
Open Source Android Apps for Developers: aDOSBox (Android Game Related Emulator, DosBox Android Port)
aDOSBox is an open souce Android project which porting the DosBox (an x86 emulator with DOS) for Android platform. DosBox is an open source DOS emulator for BeOS, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, and Windows. Primarily focuses on running DOS Games.
0.1Alpha is released for phones with HVGA or WVGA.
1. A working version on android emulators of Nexus One/Droid spec
2. A alpha version that can work on G1/G2 phones, but be warned it may consume a lot of memory and you may have to reboot your phone after testing it.
3. It is still quite slow and needs tuning to work properly on android phones.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://adosbox.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ adosbox-read-only
DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD. However, it is not restricted to running only games. In theory, any MS-DOS or PC-DOS (referred to commonly as “DOS”) application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication, networking and printer support are still in early development.
DOSBox also comes with its own DOS-like command prompt. It is still quite rudimentary and lacks many of the features found in MS-DOS, but it is sufficient for installing and running most DOS games.
DOSBox has a lively, user-supported community forum hosted at VOGONS (Very Old Games On New Systems). Feel very very free to drop by if you have questions about DOSBox!
For more DOSBox info, pls ref:
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Arithmetic-game (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: aiMinesweeperSkin (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Openttd-android (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: XRace-sa (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-starcraft (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mages (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Twisty (Android Game)
- Ten Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Phyzie (Physics game for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: YoghurtGum (Android Game Engine)