Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Alienbloodbath (Action platform shooter for Android)
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Alienbloodbath (Action platform shooter for Android)
Alienbloodbath is an open source Android game which is action platform shooter for Android. It’s the android rewrite of the original Windows game “Alien Blood Bath”. This game is open sourced under the GPL version 3. Source code may be downloaded from this page using Subversion.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://alienbloodbath.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ alienbloodbath-read-only
How to add new levels
Each map is represented as a matrix of values with each element corresponding to a different tile. The map matrix is of size 100 x 100 and is stored using a column-major layout as a text string of characters. The upper-left most position in the map corresponds the the tile at index (0, 0).
Each character value, starting with ‘a’ equivalent to 0, in the level string corresponds to a tile from the tiles sprite images (see tiles_0.png and tiles_1.png in sprite resources for examples). A value of ‘a’ corresponds to the top most tile in the tiles image (blank open space) where as, for example, ‘c’ corresponds to the 3rd tile from the top.
Adding new Levels to the Game
New levels may be added to the SD card storage device under a directory named “abb_maps”. Within the “abb_maps” directory, each sub-directory represents a unique map. The tiles are stored within the map directory as “tiles.txt” and the file is expected to contain the consecutive ASCII characters for the map matrix elements as described above.
Optionally, each map directory may contain a “tiles.png” file which overrides the default game map tile images. The tile images is expected to contain tiles of the same size and the tile semantics (eg. spikes = death) do not change. See above tile image examples to use as templates.
Posted by Cute Android
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Awesomeguy (Game for the android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Tiltmazes (Logical puzzle game for the Android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Lexic (The Android Word Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: gvSIG Mini
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: RogueAndroid (A Role Playing Game for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mustard (StatusNet client for android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Intellbatt (Intelligent Battery Monitor for Android Platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Funambol (SyncML client for the Google Android mobile platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Asqare (Android squares games)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ClassicSnake3D (Classic Snake 3D Game for the android platform)