Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-notifier
Android-notifier (Desktop event notifier for Android devices) is an open source Android project which sends notifications to a desktop computer when certain events happen on an Android device, such as the phone ringing, an SMS being received, or the battery running low. The notifications can be sent over Wifi, Bluetooth, or (in the future) USB.
It runs as a service on android, consuming little resources while no events are happening, and the desktop application notifies the user about the event in some way (Growl on Mac, Gnome dbus notifications on Linux, Growl for Windows or System tray alert on Windows), including information such as the number that’s calling.
This is useful for people (like the developer) who wear noise-cancelling headphones, keep their cell phone in their bags, or don’t want to be interrupted to look at a vibrating cell phone in a meeting.
The desktop application is available for the Mac, and for all other platforms at our sister project android-notifier-desktop (we’re working to merge the two projects, but for now they’re separate).
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://android-notifier.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ android-notifier-read-only
How to set up communication between the android app and the desktop/laptop.
These instructions tell you how to set up communication between the Android and the desktop components of the notifier. The android application can communicate with your desktop in multiple ways, and you can enable more than one at the same time for better reliability.
Below you’ll find details of setting up each method – all methods assume that you have installed both the Android application and the desktop counterpart.
For more help, please visit the Online Help:
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-notifier-desktop
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: IMSdroid
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Libgdx
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Andrico
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Connectbot
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Zxing
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Quick-settings
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Kwaak3
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Milestone-overclock
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android2cloud