Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Androidterm (Android Terminal Emulator)
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Androidterm (Android Terminal Emulator)
Androidterm is an open source terminal emulator program that makes your Android phone act like an old fashioned computer terminal. It is useful for accessing the Linux command line shell that is built into every Android phone. This lets you run various Linux command line utilities.
Get a local copy of the androidterm repository with this command:
hg clone https://androidterm.googlecode.com/hg/ androidterm
Why does the Android Terminal Emulator request Internet and SD Card write permissions?
By itself, the Android Terminal Emulator doesn’t access the Internet or write to the SD Card. However, many users of Android Terminal Emulator want to run command line programs, such as “ssh” or “cp” that need to access the Internet and/or write to the sd card.
The way Linux (and therefore Android) works, a child process inherits the permissions of the parent. Android Terminal Emulator requests the Internet and SD Card write permissions so that the command-line programs that it runs can have access to the Internet and can write to the SD Card.
If giving these permissions to the terminal emulator makes you uncomfortable, you could always download the source code and compile your own version. (Edit the AndroidManifest.xml file to remove the INTERNET and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permissions.)
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-apktool
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Orbot (Tor on Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Swiftp (FTP server for Android)
- Tips for Android developer: Android emulator appearance standard
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Sdwatch (Ultra-simple Move to SD card manager for Android)
- Cute Android Apps for Users: Bit64 (N64 emulator)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ksoap2-android (A lightweight and efficient SOAP library for the Android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Arithmetic-game (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Proxoid (An http proxy for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Droid Explorer