Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Arithmetic-game (Android Game)
Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Arithmetic-game (Development of a Android game which helps the user to practice mental arithmetic skills)
Arithmetic-game is an open source project which helps the user to practice mental arithmetic skills. The game composes arithmetical questions and the aim is to answer to questions as quickly as possible.
Each answer gives one point. When the user success to answer to 10 questions correctly before the time runs out he/she will complete the level. The remaining time to complete a level is reduced as a penalty for an incorrect answers. The user is also rewarded by bonus points when there is remaining time once the level is completed. At the next level the user will get even more challenging arithmetical questions…
teppo.eeva, pasi.meri, tevirtan, avai…@cc.hut.fi, tapio.andersson, marko.j.mannisto, mpmikadi
Get a local copy of the arithmetic-game repository with this command:
hg clone https://arithmetic-game.googlecode.com/hg/ arithmetic-game
Android Porting of arithmetic-game
Arithmetic game for Android Introduction This page contains information about porting Arithmetic game to Android environment.
Building and signing steps for .apk
Running on emulator
* (Precondition) Android SDK is installed –> http://developer.android.com/sdk/
o If %SDK_HOME%\tools dir can be found from PATH is naturally easier to execute commands like ‘emulator’ or ‘adb’
* Configure at least one A(ndroid)V(irtual)D(evice) with ‘Android version >= 1.6′ == Android API Level 4
* To Build it from source you need JDK 6 and Apache Ant >= 1.8.0
o Some help can now be found readme.txt
In order to run a compiled application you will first need to upload the .apk file to the /data/app/ directory in the emulator using the adb tool:
Start the emulator (run $SDK_HOME/tools/emulator from the command line) On the emulator, navigate to the home screen (it is best not to have that application running when you reinstall it on the emulator; press the Home key to navigate away from that application).
* Download arithmetic game .apk installation package (http://arithmetic-game.googlecode.com/files/arithmetic-game-release.apk)
* Run adb install myproject/bin/
.apk to upload the executable.
o So, for example, to install the Lunar Lander sample, navigate in the command line to $SDK_ROOT/sample/LunarLander and type ../../tools/adb install bin/LunarLander.apk
* In the emulator, open the list of available applications, and scroll down to select and start your application.
* SDK setup tutorial – http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html
o SDK zip-package – http://developer.android.com/sdk/
o JDK6 -
o Apache ANT -
o Eclipse 3.5(Galileo) -
+ Eclipse ADT Plugin –
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: XRace-sa (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Rokon (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Phyzie (Physics game for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ReplicaIsland (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Andoku (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jMonkeyEngine (Java Based 3D Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: AndEngine (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mages (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: aiMinesweeperSkin (Android Game)
- Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers Plus