Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Graphicpages (A comic viewer for the Android platform)
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Graphicpages (A comic viewer for the Android platform)
Graphicpages is an open source Android project which planned to be an advanced comic viewer/image feed reader that downloads the ‘pages’ to the local device, caching them, and allows the user to view them later. Loosely modeled after Google Listen.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://graphicpages.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ graphicpages-read-only
* A subscription could be a web comic, RSS feed, Atom feed or other feed
* A subscription contains pages
* A ‘page’ is a single image in the comic/feed (or perhaps a set of images for complex comics)
Automatically download new pages to the local disk
* As new pages become available in the subscription, the application should automatically download them (depending on settings) and store them locally
* Downloaded pages should be available to the other image viewers on the application (added to the media ContentProvider)
Get next/last page when browsing pages
* When viewing comics, asynchronically download the next comic in the sequence, then the previous one
Save lists of viewed comics
* Store the ‘read’ or ‘viewed’ state of pages
* Optionally discard viewed comics (when space is needed only?)
* automatically save the last page viewed in a sequence
* Browsing from in the middle of a sequence
Jump to page
* Jump to page by date or number
* Starred pages are not automatically deleted
0.1.0 initial non-market beta release:
* View Questionable Content comic
o Downloads files to phone and displays them, making later review fast.
0.1.1 non-market release
* The ‘list downloaded files’ in the menu renamed to “List Files and Go-to”
o In this view, clicking a page will go to that page.
* Added a simple downloading indicator
* The title of the page now changes very soon after the button is pressed to indicate what’s about to happen.
* other internal cleanup
0.1.2 non-market release
* Moved the newer/older/etc… buttons to floating on the bottom
* Removed the ‘Quit’ menu item.
* Added a (not implemented) ‘purge files’ menu item to the list files activity.
* Other changes in pursuit of long-term goals.
1.0 initial beta market release
* Initial market release
Known issues/todo list:
* Add settings
o Delete old comics on a schedule
* Add a background task that downloads new (or old) comics depending on settings
* Add a menu to switch comic sources
* Add more comic sources
* Add a flag for viewed comics
* Add a flag for ‘starred’ comics
* Add support for downloading images from any RSS/ATOM feeds.
* Investigate the NumberPicker
Posted by Cute Android
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-vnc-viewer (VNC viewer client for Android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-feed-reader (A RSS/Atom feed reader for the Android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: APDFViewer (A PDF file viewer for Android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Funambol (SyncML client for the Google Android mobile platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mandelbrot (Mandelbrot fractal viewer for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: apv (Android PDF Viewer)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: StyloDownload (Android application for syncing Google Reader starred items to the media player)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mustard (StatusNet client for android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-rome-feed-reader (Android ROME Feed Reader)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ksoap2-android (A lightweight and efficient SOAP library for the Android platform)