Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Hooklineandroid (Fishing game for the Android)
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Hooklineandroid (Fishing game for the Android)
Hooklineandroid(Hook, Line and Android) is an open source Android game created by Michael Senn for the Android operating system. Currently, the game is nothing more than a glorified screensaver, but progress is being made. Feel free to download a copy of the source code and help the developer out! The images and sprites for this animation were not created by the developer: He copied them from the open-source game Aquaria, developed by Bit-Blot.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://hooklineandroid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ hooklineandroid-read-only
Aquaria is a 2D sidescrolling action-adventure computer game designed by Alec Holowka and Derek Yu, who together form the independent game company Bit Blot, which developed and originally published the game. After more than two years of development, the game was released in 2007 for Windows. A Macintosh port was released in 2008, courtesy of Ambrosia Software, and an updated version of the game was released on Steam that same year. A Linux version of the game was released as part of the Humble Indie Bundle collection in 2010. In 2009, the Aquaria soundtrack album was made available for sale. It includes all of the music in the game as well as a new nine-minute vocal track and a few remixes.
The game follows Naija, a mermaid-like woman, as she explores the underwater world of Aquaria. Along her journey, she learns about both the history of the world and her own past. The gameplay focuses on a combination of swimming, singing and combat, through which Naija can interact with the world. Naija’s songs can move items, affect plants and animals, and change her physical appearance into other forms. These forms have different abilities, such as firing projectiles at hostile creatures or passing through barriers inaccessible to her in her natural shape.
Posted by Cute Android
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Rokon (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers Plus
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Awesomeguy (Game for the android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-starcraft (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ClassicSnake3D (Classic Snake 3D Game for the android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jMonkeyEngine (Java Based 3D Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mages (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: aiMinesweeperSkin (Android Game)
- Ten Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: YoghurtGum (Android Game Engine)