Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jMonkeyEngine (Java Based 3D Game Engine)
Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jMonkeyEngine (jMonkey Engine (jME) is a leading Java Based 3D Game Engine)
jMonkey Engine (jME) is a high-performance 3D game engine, written entirely in Java. OpenGL is supported via LWJGL, with JOGL support in development. For sound, OpenAL is supported. Input via the keyboard, mouse, and other controllers is also supported.
jME is a community-driven open source project released under the ‘new BSD license’. It is currently being used by several commercial game studios as well as by university game classes. While the project will continue to support and develop its most popular 2.0 branch for years still to come, a 3.0 branch is quickly emerging in response to higher standards of the next generation in performance and hardware.
Now, Android platform has been surpported by jME3: Android Support Confirmed for jME3
. So jMonkeyEngine may be one of the most important Android game engines:
“The adoption of Android abilities into jME3 means big things for game developers using the engine. The ability to develop for many platforms with expertise in one engine will empower jMonkeyEngine users like never before. Games, scientific applications, and just about anything else you can dream up are all coming to an Android phone near you. One of the most portable, and open source, engines around just got more accessible.”
ShadowIsLord, e.so…@gmail.com, skye.book, normen667, roo…@gmail.com, remy.bouquet
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://jmonkeyengine.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ jmonkeyengine-read-only
To get started with JME, you can download the library and sources from the “Downloads” section of this page. Getting the source is recommended since there are examples of almost all of JME’s functions in the “jmetest” package. You can find info on how to set up the source and libraries in your IDE in the jme wiki (see below).
You can find documentation, help and a nice community around JME on the jMonkeyEngine Homepage, Wiki and Forum (you can login with your google account):
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers Plus
- Ten Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: YoghurtGum (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-2D-Engine (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mages (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jPCT-AE (Android Game 3D Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Catcake (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Dwarf-fw (Android 3D Framework)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: AndEngine (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Angle (Android Game Engine)