Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ksoap2-android (A lightweight and efficient SOAP library for the Android platform)
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ksoap2-android (A lightweight and efficient SOAP library for the Android platform)
ksoap2-android is an open source Android project which provide a lightweight and efficient SOAP library for the Android platform. It is a fork of the (dead) kSOAP2 library that adds support for the Android platform and a bunch of more features and enhancements. And for the impatient the jars are available in a maven repository here on google code or for download from there as a bundle. More on the How to User Wiki page.
Source Repository: github
The source code for this project is hosted on github here:
Find more information on using github, git and associated tools on the github help section and linked content.
Deployment Repository: Google Code
The ource code is NOT hosted at Google Code, however this project does make use of the SVN repository for Maven deployments. If necessary, you can explore the SVN repository via:
* Browse: http://code.google.com/p/ksoap2-android/source/browse/
* Changes: http://code.google.com/p/ksoap2-android/source/list
This repository contains the dependencies themselves as well as javadoc and source jar files. There is also a bundle that has all libraries together in one large file: http://code.google.com/p/ksoap2-android/source/browse/#svn/m2-repo/com/google/code/ksoap2-android/ksoap2-android-assembly
If you plan to make changes directly to the Maven repository, use this command to check it out from SVN as yourself using HTTPS:
# Project members authenticate over HTTPS to allow committing changes.
svn checkout https://ksoap2-android.googlecode.com/svn/m2-repo/ ksoap2-android-repo –username mygoogleusername
When prompted, enter your generated googlecode.com password.
Use this command to anonymously check out the repository:
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://ksoap2-android.googlecode.com/svn/m2-repo/ ksoap2-android-repo-read-only
SOAP, originally defined as Simple Object Access Protocol, is a protocol specification for exchanging structured information in the implementation of Web Services in computer networks. It relies on Extensible Markup Language (XML) for its message format, and usually relies on other Application Layer protocols, most notably Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), for message negotiation and transmission. SOAP can form the foundation layer of a web services protocol stack, providing a basic messaging framework upon which web services can be built. This XML based protocol consists of three parts: an envelope, which defines what is in the message and how to process it, a set of encoding rules for expressing instances of application-defined datatypes, and a convention for representing procedure calls and responses.
Posted by Cute Android
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-cmis-browser (A mobile browser to access CMIS content repositories)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Funambol (SyncML client for the Google Android mobile platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: aChartengine (Charting library for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Rowboat (Android for Texas Instruments Devices)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Wiki Dici (A Wiktionary-powered dictionary for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: WebSMSdroid
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Sdwatch (Ultra-simple Move to SD card manager for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Roadtoadc (Home of SayMyName for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Sdmove (Move to SD Card manager)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: AnkiDroid (Anki Version for Android)