Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Musicqueueproject (Android Music Player)
Open Source Android Apps for Developers: musicqueueproject (Android Music Player)
Musicqueueproject is an open souce Android project which aims to rethink the way we listen to music. The first step is a music player for Android aimed at mobile use.
Music Queue is different from most other music players out there: while others are mostly mimicking the same old interface over and over again, it tries to go its own path aimed at the mobile music listener.
Music Queue is a free player for your Android phone that you can download on the Android Market.
YannickStucki, mailx5101, xavierma…@gmail.com
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://musicqueueproject.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ musicqueueproject-read-only
How to use Music Queue
If you use Music Queue the first time, you might be confused about its non-standard interface. But don’t be afraid; it is quite intuitive once you’ve played around with it.
Music Queue always shows you five songs: The top song is the one currently being played, while the others are the songs that will follow up. Click on a song to see its album and artist. In that list, you can drag songs around to change their order.
If you don’t want to listen to a song right now, just swipe it horizontally to remove it. If you don’t like all four songs following up, just hit the button on the bottom left to get new ones.
The list will usually be filled up with random songs, however, there’s a way to choose which songs come into the list next.
Switch to landscape mode to get a list of all your songs. To play one of these songs right now, long press it and choose “Play now”.
Most of the times though, you might not want to interrupt the song currently playing or you want to choose several songs. If you prefer that, just click on a song to enqueue.
Enqueued songs will be the next ones to enter the list from the bottom – instead of random ones.
Use your keyboard to filter the song list for a specific song or artist. If you hit menu, you can even enqueue all filtered songs, e.g. all songs by an artist.
Back in portrait mode you notice that the button on the bottom right has a number: That’s the number of enqueued songs. Click the button to see their names.
Now start dragging and playing around – have fun!
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Cute Android Apps for Users: PowerAMP Music Player (Trial)
- Cute Android Apps for Users: Viky MP3 Music
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: PMix
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: StyloDownload (Android application for syncing Google Reader starred items to the media player)
- Cute Android Apps for Users: Music Box Pro
- Cute Android Apps for Users: doubleTwist Player
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Ringdroid (Android Music)
- Cute Android Apps for Users: Free Music Download
- Cute Android Apps for Users: SoundHound
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Daap-client (DAAP Client for Android OS)