Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Noiz2-droid (Android Game)
Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Noiz2-droid (Android port of Noiz2 vector shoot-em-up)
Noiz2-droid is an open source Android project which is a port of the game Noiz2 to the Android platform. The original Noiz2 game was created by Japanese game designer Kenta Cho.
This game is notable for it’s use of BulletML an xml format for describing bullet patterns in shoot-em-up games. BulletML was devised by Kenta Cho.
The Android port has the following additional features from the original game.
# Completely rewritten BulletML parser for Android platform.
# Canvas and OpenGL rendering modes.
# Adjustable difficulty.
# Sound effects.
# Touch Screen and Rollerball support.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://noiz2-droid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ noiz2-droid-read-only
How To Build
These are instructions on how to build the application using the build script.
The ant script to build the application is in the base of the source code.
You will need Ant 1.7+, a java JDK and the Android SDK.
A DOS batch file build.bat contains settings to point to your installation of Ant and Java. The batch file uses “setlocal” and “endlocal” and will not modify your global settings.
The build script is the bog standard ant script generated with any new Anrdoid project with one slight change in that it loads my local keystore settings. Obviously these are kept private and secure local to my system.
On windows open a DOS prompt and change directory to point to the base of the project.
Modify the build.bat file to point the the relevant installations.
to build the unsigned version of the application.
The default target for the application is SDK 1.5. This means the build script does not support the automatic keytool implementation by defining the keytool properties (how annoying). To remedy this I have had to add a signing target to the build script.
Posted by Cute Android
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Arithmetic-game (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jPCT-AE (Android Game 3D Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Openttd-android (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Phyzie (Physics game for Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ClassicSnake3D (Classic Snake 3D Game for the android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Droid Explorer
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Awesomeguy (Game for the android platform)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-starcraft (Android Game)
- Ten Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Hooklineandroid (Fishing game for the Android)