Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Phyzie (Physics game for Android)
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Phyzie (Physics game for Android)
Phyzie is an open source Android game app which is a physics game for the Android platform where the goal is to get groups of the same colored blocks to touch. The game requires android 1.6 or higher. The game uses the awesome Box2D-engine to simulate the physics, see license in the Box2D-folder. The game can optionally use the free STLPort.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://phyzie.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ phyzie-read-only
Explains how to build the game from source
* Crystax NDK (or Android NDK if you want to use STLPort instead), tested on r4+
* Android SDK
* Eclipse + Android Plugin for eclipse
* All the GNU-tools needed by the Android NDK
* A working emulator or phone (see the android dev website for info on this)
Before we start
I’m going to assume that $NDK_ROOT is in your path.
If you feel like using the regular NDK or just want to use the STLPort version of the game you must rename the Android.mk.alt file to Android.mk
How to build
Clone the repo if you havn’t already by executing the following command:
svn checkout http://phyzie.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ phyzie
cd in to the project directory:
cd $PROJECT_PATH/jni/ (cd phyzie/jni/ if you just performed step 1)
Execute the following command:
Make sure that you’ve renamed the Android.mk.alt if you want to use the regular NDK or the STLPort version of the game
Open eclipse and import the project:
File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace
Select the parent folder to the phyzie-directory as the root directory.
If you get an error saying Android requires .class compatibility set to 5.0. Please fix project properties please right click on the project and select Android Tools -> Fix Project Properties
Run the application:
Run -> Run As -> Android Application
Eclipse should upload the game to the emulator running or device connected or launch an emulator if required.
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Arithmetic-game (Android Game)
- Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers Plus
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mages (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: AndEngine (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jMonkeyEngine (Java Based 3D Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jPCT-AE (Android Game 3D Engine)
- Ten Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Rokon (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Noiz2-droid (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Angle (Android Game Engine)