Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Proxoid (An http proxy for Android)
Cute Android: Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Proxoid (An http proxy for Android)
Proxoid is an open source ProxyServer on Android. It allow users of not rooted phones to use their phone’s internet access from a computer. It is based on a possibility offered by Google’s sdk : it is possible to forward requests from your computer to your phone. In this case, they will be forwarded to Proxoid who will transmit them to Internet and give you the answer. Thetering on Android is wonderful but, it needs to be root on the phone wich is rarely the case. Also, by using a proxy it will be possible to filter request and replies (change headers, add caching, remove adds, …). For now, not so much :
* proxying (of course !)
* user-agent filtering : you can choose to let, remove or modify your browser’s user agent.
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://proxoid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ proxoid-read-only
First, you must install on configure your phone. See here : Install and configure your phone
Then, you have things to do on your computer. Use the help according to your OS :
1. Windows XP
2. Windows Vista
For any problem, don’t hesitate to contact me : mike_at_baroukh.com or use Issues tab
Try to follow this Google group thread
Also, if windows doesn’t ask you for any driver, uninstall the currently used with USBDeview : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html.
Two conditions are needed to make it work with Samsung Galaxy :
1. Install, prior to the driver, the Samsung PC Suite. Without it, the driver wouldn’t work.
2. The driver need to be taken from v1.5r3 of Google’s sdk. I updated proxy-adb.zip to use this one.
In case you already installed the driver without Samsung PC Suite, unistall it before. For this, you may use USBDeview : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html
Posted by Cute Android
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Androideasysms (Browser/HTTP based SMS Interface for android devices)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-wired-tether (Wired Tether for Root Users)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Filexpert (Powerful & Leading Android File Sharing & Management Software – HTTP FTP SMB Sharing)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Azilink (usb tethering application for android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Skylight1 (Android Project)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mnemododo (Android client for Mnemosyne)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Gmote (Gmote is an Android remote that allows users to interact with their computer in various ways)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Orbot (Tor on Android)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Talkmyphone (Get informations from your android phone over xmpp)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: KeePassDroid (Android Implemention of the KeePass Password Manager)