Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Twisty (Android Game)
Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Twisty (a z-machine interpreter for Android)
Twisty is an open source Android game application which allows Android users to play Infocom classics just as ‘Zork’, as well hundreds of newer text adventures written in the last ten years or so. The package comes bundled with a few built-in games, but also allows you to load games from your sdcard.
Specifically, it implements a ‘z-machine’: a virtual machine designed in 1979 by Infocom for playing text adventures, which has been re-implemented on nearly every computer and PDA since then. To learn more about the platform and all the games available, start by reading the wikipedia entry on Interactive Fiction.
Get a local copy of the twisty repository with this command:
hg clone https://twisty.googlecode.com/hg/ twisty
About Interactive fiction
Interactive fiction, often abbreviated IF, describes software simulating environments in which players use text commands to control characters and influence the environment. Works in this form can be understood as literary narratives and as video games. In common usage, the term refers to text adventures, a type of adventure game where the entire interface is “text-only”. The term is sometimes used to encompass the entirety of the medium, but is also sometimes used to distinguish games produced by the interactive fiction community from those created by games companies. It can also be used to distinguish the more modern style of such works, focusing on narrative and not necessarily falling into the adventure game genre at all, from the more traditional focus on puzzles. More expansive definitions of interactive fiction may refer to all adventure games, including wholly graphical adventures such as Myst.
Posted by Cute Android
Related Android Apps:
- Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers Plus
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-starcraft (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Arithmetic-game (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Angle (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Android-2D-Engine (Android Game)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: jMonkeyEngine (Java Based 3D Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: Mages (Android Game Engine)
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: aiMinesweeperSkin (Android Game)
- Ten Open Source Android (2D or 3D) Game Engine for Android Developers
- Open Source Android Apps for Developers: ReplicaIsland (Android Game)